Top 5 Best Laptops For Film Students To Buy in 2023
Want to know which laptops are the best for film students? Well, I can understand that. It’s not easy to find laptops, and when you’re a film student, things can get crazy…
And it’s not easy to find a laptop because so many are on the market. This makes it hard for anyone who wants to buy a computer for filmmaking.
So, to help you, I asked my filmmaking friends and their filmmaking friends about the laptop they use for school. After getting a list of 52 laptops, I picked the top 10 laptops that are thought to be best for filmmaking students and wrote reviews for each one.
Here’s a list of the 10 best laptops for film students. But before I do that, I want to tell you more. I’ve looked at a lot of notebooks and rated them on a lot of different things. I’ve noticed that most people prefer to read only some of the article, and since you’re a student, you probably don’t have much time anyway because there are so many things that can take days to explain.
I’ve added four buttons to this article to help you choose the right laptop.
And if you’re holding a drink, read the whole article with me so you can find out about more options. So, you have to do something!
What Are the Best Laptops for Film Students Recommended for 2023?
In 2023, MSI Creator 15 and MacBook Air M1 are one of the best laptops for film students with no doubts.
1. MSI Creator 15 – Best Laptops For Film Students (Editor’s Pick)
- OLED Display: The 15.6″ UHD OLED 100% DCI-P3 display offers true color and contrast, whether you are designing your next project…
- Redefined Power: The 11th Gen. Intel Core i7 processor, delivers high performance with 8 cores boosting up to 4.6 GHz. Take on any…
- Supercharged Graphics: The MSI Creator 15 is powered by a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060, breezes through today’s most demanding creative…
- Crafted To Be Portable: Packed with an immense amount of power in a lightweight chassis, so you can work on the go.
- Creators Rejoice: MSI’s exclusive Cooler Boost Trinity+ Technology ensures optimal thermal dissipation.
So, let’s start with the MSI Creator 15, which is also my favorite. It’s the best choice for film students because it’s powerful and portable.
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 in this beast can handle multiple tasks and makes it easy to load editing software.
One of the most important things to have in a laptop for film studies is 16GB RAM because many video programs like Premiere Pro need this much RAM. This laptop also has 16GB RAM, so that’s a good sign.
This laptop can start in seconds because it has a 512GB SSD. I know 512GB isn’t enough, but it’s not the end of the world.
The screen on this Creator 15 is 15.6 inches and has a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, which makes it very clear and active. Also, this screen is OLED with UHD 4K at DCI P3 (Digital Cinema Initiatives – Protocol 3) colors. Because of this feature, I put this laptop at the top of the list.
The body of this laptop is also made of aluminum, just like the bodies of most expensive laptops. It weighs less than 6 pounds because of this.
2. MacBook Air – Best Macbook for Film Students
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip…
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like…
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and…
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box.
MacBook Air is a laptop that you can’t ignore, no matter what. This laptop is easy to carry and works well. This laptop is among the best options for students like the Apple Ecosystem.
I’d buy a MacBook Air if I just wanted a laptop that could do everything and wasn’t too expensive. Its M1 CPU is a beast and can handle everything without lagging.
But a 256GB SSD could be better for film students, so I’d suggest getting the 512GB version, though it can still do great things.
It can handle most tasks with 8GB RAM, but some people may need help finding it. Still, it’s more than enough since one of my friend’s relatives uses this laptop to make movies professionally.
Regarding its screen, the MacBook Air has a tremendous True Tone display that makes the colors pop and looks very sharp, which is suitable for film majors.
3. Dell XPS 13 – Portable Windows Laptop for Film Students
- GUARANTEED POWER: With 11th Gen InteI Core mobile processors, it’s now possible to enjoy incredibly immersive entertainment on a…
- KILLER WIRELESS: With Wi-Fi 6 techology, the Killer AX1650 prioritizes streaming video, communication, and game traffic in your…
- STUNNING IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT: Dolby Vision content can deliver highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are…
- START IN AN INSTANT: A built in lid sensor with a new press fit hinge allows you to open the lid with one hand and power up in…
- DELL WARRANTY SUPPORT: Including 2 Year On-Site/In-Home and 6 months Dell Migrate. Easily move your files and settings
The third laptop, the Dell XPS 13 9310, is often called the “MacBook Killer” and the best Windows laptop.
The XPS has a powerful CPU called i7-1195G7, or as I like to call it, a beast CPH. This CPU can give laptops a fast processing speed that nothing else can’t match.
Thanks to its Intel Iris Xe graphics, this XPS 13 doesn’t skimp on rendering results. I would have put this laptop on top if it had a dedicated GPU.
When it comes to memory, it has 16GB RAM, which is more than enough for an 11th Generation CPU. You can also get one with 8GB RAM if you want to.
This laptop also has 512GB, just like the Creator 15, so there’s nothing new to discuss here.
Regarding design philosophy, Dell did their best with this XPS 13. It has a slim, well-designed body and isn’t too heavy, which makes it easier to carry.
4. ASUS ZenBook 14 – Affordable Laptops For Filmmaking Students
- Innovative ScreenPad: 5.65-inch interactive touchscreen trackpad that adapts to your needs for smarter control and multitasking
- App Switcher on ScreenPad: easily move docked windows between your main display and ScreenPad display
- Handwriting on ScreenPad: Take note or jot down your ideas by writing on the ScreenPad
- NumberKey on ScreenPad: Turn ScreenPad into a numeric keypad for easy numeric data entry
- 14 inch wide-view Full HD 4-way NanoEdge bezel display
ASUS ZenBook 14 is a fourth laptop, but it is best for people who want a powerful laptop that costs less.
The processing speed of 4.9GHZ, i7 10510U, and GeForce MX250 help this cute machine handle complex modules.
16GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD work together with the CPU to give you the best results when you have a lot of graphics to process or are editing videos.
If I talk about its 14-inch screen, which has a NanoEdge Bezel design, it has one of the best-looking screens. This laptop makes everyone wonder, “What model is this?”
Let me tell you that because this ASUS Zenbook is made of aluminum, it is not magnetic. So, yes, it is a machine that will last.
The ASUS Zenbook 15 also has a lot of ports, including a USB-C port, Type A ports, and many others.
5. Razer Blade Stealth 13 – Best Laptops For Filmmaking
- Performance for work and gaming: NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (25W) 4GB VRAM graphics, quad core 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8565U processor,…
- Designed for mobility: Up to 13 hours long battery life ultra thin, light and incredibly durable with a CNC unibody aluminum frame
- Thin Bezel full HD display: Visually stunning matte full HD screen with 100 percent sRGB color saturation for work and…
- Power by Razer Chroma: Keyboard featuring single zone RGB lighting with 16.8 million color options, and a precision glass touchpad
- Complete connectivity: Includes Thunderbolt 3, USB C, USB A, Wireless AC, Windows Hello infrared camera, and dual array mics
There are many features on the Razer Blade Stealth 13. My friend said that this laptop was a “MacBook with Windows.”
Even though it is an UltraBook model, this laptop can compete with most gaming laptops because it has an Intel i7-8565U processor from the 8th generation. But Razer didn’t make this laptop for gaming. Instead, it’s for school or work, so it doesn’t have a dedicated RTX GPU like some other models.
You can still work on 3D modeling, rendering, making, and other tasks that a film student needs to do with 16GB RAM and an i7.
The only thing I don’t like about it is that it has 256GB, which is less than what MacBook Airs have. But on top of that, upgrading this SSD is hard, so that’s a con.
Regarding the Stealth 13’s body, the aluminum material gives it a lot of stability and strength.
Conclusion For Best Laptops For Film Students:
Many laptops on the market are good for making movies. But I’ve looked at those laptops my filmmaking friends told me to check.
So, to wrap things up, I’ll say again that I think those laptops are the best for any student.
So, if you want a good and robust laptop, the best option is the MSI Creator 15. It’s easy to understand and has easy-to-understand parts.
If you want a portable computer, the Dell XPS and Macbook Air are the best choices.
If you’re looking for a cheap laptop, you can’t do better than the Acer Aspire 5. This laptop is affordable and can give you a high level of performance while still staying within your budget.
You don’t have any trouble choosing your new laptop, and I hope you don’t!