Here are the detailed steps on how to install the Hyper 212 Evo on an AMD motherboard:
- Gather your tools and materials. You will need the following:
- The Hyper 212 Evo cooler
- Your AMD processor
- The AMD-specific mounting bracket that came with the Hyper 212 Evo
- A screwdriver
- Thermal paste
- A Phillips head screwdriver
- A flathead screwdriver
- A pair of needle-nose pliers
- Remove the old CPU cooler. If you have an existing CPU cooler, you will need to remove it before you can install the Hyper 212 Evo. To do this, unplug the fan from the motherboard and then remove the screws that hold the cooler in place.
- Clean the CPU socket. Use a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol to clean the CPU socket. This will remove any dirt or dust that could interfere with the installation of the new cooler.
- Apply thermal paste. Apply a small amount of thermal paste to the center of the CPU. Make sure that the paste is evenly spread out.
- Install the backplate. The backplate comes with the Hyper 212 Evo. It should have four holes that line up with the four holes in the motherboard. Use the screws that came with the backplate to secure it in place.
- Install the mounting bracket. The mounting bracket comes with the Hyper 212 Evo. It should have four holes that line up with the four holes in the backplate. Use the screws that came with the mounting bracket to secure it in place.
- Attach the fan. The fan comes with the Hyper 212 Evo. It should have four screws that line up with the four holes in the mounting bracket. Use the screws that came with the fan to secure it in place.
- Connect the fan to the motherboard. The fan should have a 4-pin connector. Connect this connector to the CPU fan header on the motherboard.
- Turn on your computer and check the temperatures. Once your computer is turned on, open a program like SpeedFan to check the temperatures of your CPU. The temperatures should be lower than they were before you installed the Hyper 212 Evo.
- Enjoy your improved cooling performance!
Here are some additional tips for installing the Hyper 212 Evo:
- Make sure that the thermal paste is evenly spread out. This will help to ensure that the cooler makes good contact with the CPU and that the heat is transferred efficiently.
- When installing the mounting bracket, make sure that the screws are tightened evenly. This will help to prevent the bracket from warping.
- When attaching the fan, make sure that the screws are tightened evenly. This will help to prevent the fan from vibrating and making noise.
- When connecting the fan to the motherboard, make sure that the connector is properly seated. This will help to ensure that the fan is getting power and that it is working properly.
- When turning on your computer, be sure to monitor the temperatures of your CPU. If the temperatures are too high, you may need to adjust the fan speed or add additional cooling fans.
By following these tips, you can ensure that the Hyper 212 Evo is installed correctly and that your CPU is properly cooled.
Also Read : How to set up Chromebook parental controls