Acer Laptop Factory Reset from Boot
I can’t work on my Acer laptop because it always has a problem and of course, you will have the same problem, so if you have come to this site, you have come to the right place and I assure you that your problem will be solved. You want to do a factory reset on your Acer laptop, but you do not remember your password. No need to worry, I will tell you how you can reset the Acer laptop factory settings from the boot/ without turning on Acer Laptop.
Not necessary you reset the Acer laptop for forgot the password may be other reasons as well, reminiscent as you wish to promote it, you want to clear it, or you want to ignore the forgotten password of the Acer laptop. And most users do not know how to effectively reset Acer laptops in factory settings without a password.
In this informative post, we will clarify three simple ways to Acer factory reset from boot mean without a password you can log in or without turning on Acer Laptop, but how, let’s get started.
Be sure to read the instructions below before starting the Acer factory reset process:
If your laptop goes off during the recovery/resetting process, it could potentially cause serious problems. The issues are:
- Your laptop/computer will not be able to boot regularly.
- This recovery can risk data loss/dead in the partition.
To avoid these problems you make sure your laptop is plugged into the charger before starting the recovery so that the laptop does not turn off. Once you begin the recovery process, don’t try to leave the recovery or force the laptop off.
1. Acer Laptop factory reset from boot: Without a password
Be sure to check out the instructions below before booting an Acer laptop:
First turned off your laptop, and sure remove all external devices (USB drives, printers, etc.) from your laptop.
1. After 20 seconds press the “Power button”.
2. Press the “Alt key + F10” key at the same time when the Acer logo pops up on your screen. This will boot your laptop to a page of Choose an option.
3. You select the ”Troubleshoot” option.
4. Select “Reset this PC”
5. If you want to delete all your files and settings, “select the option 2”. If you do not want to remove your files, you want just reset settings, then “select the option 1”.
6. Click “reset” and then your Acer laptop will restart. If you want to see which of your files are being removed, you can check by clicking “List of apps to be removed”.
7. After these steps your laptop will restart. Wait for some time until you see a screen for you to choose your region and language or any other option will show on your screen. Then follow the on-screen instructions to finish it.
Factory Reset Acer Laptop Windows 10 Alt F10 Not Working
The Acer Alt F10 will not work when the computer is already running the operating system. Acer Recovery Partition has been deleted by users. Acer Recovery Partition System stores the image, which was created before the computer was sold. If users have formatted or deleted the recovery partition, the Alt F10 Acer Recovery will not work.
Reason number two reinstalling the computer will result in Acer hotkey not working. All hotkeys rely on drivers. If users have installed the system, drivers will be deleted as well, of course, the hotkey won’t work. If your Alt F10 doesn’t work, you can apply to the Acer factory reset laptop below.
2. How can you factory reset the Acer laptop with Installation or Repair Disk?
With this method, you can factory reset Acer laptop only installation or repair disk method of your windows. You can use this technique for windows 10, windows 7, windows 8, or 8.1. If you have is windows disk so well good or if you lost your windows key, Then you have to download the Windows ISO file and insert the laptop using USB bootable. And then will be Windows process starts.
10 Easy Steps for Windows 10 /7/8/8.1 to Reset Acer Laptop with Installation.
- Insert a repair disk or bootable USB in your laptop for installation, choose the boot menu, and go for the boot option with windows this method is almost the same in all Windows 7/8/8.1/10.
- You’ll have open “windows setup” on your screen. “Click Next” to proceed.
- You’ll appear two options here; “Install a Window” in the center and “Repair your Computer” left on the downside and you choose/click on the “Repair your computer” option.
- On the Next Window click on “Troubleshoot”.
- Once you have done that, on the next screen click on “Reset this PC”.
- Click on the “Remove Everything” on the following screen.
- Choose a target operating system; windows 7/8/8.1/10.
- Choose a drive where you have already installed the windows.
- You will be given two options here, “Just Remove my File” and “Full Clean the Drive”.
- Select one of the options and “Click Reset” at the right bottom.
3. How to Acer Factory Reset without a Disk?
You can factory reset Acer’s laptop without a disk. Follow these steps for a factory reset for Windows 10 below or for any Windows.
- First, download any windows ISO file depending on you.
- Download the USB bootable tool.
- Once you download it, set it up on another computer and burn it on a USB Drive.
- Insert the USB drive in your Acer Laptop which you want factory reset.
- Boot your laptop with the “password reset disk”.
- Once you have done that, choose the password remove option.
- Restart your laptop and you are good to go.
We’ve discussed 3 ways for Acer factory reset from the boot. All methods are commonly used and have advantages and disadvantages. Some of these do not guarantee a successful factory reset on Acer laptops, however, resetting them via Windows password reset is quite an efficient and useful method.
How do I boot my Acer laptop into recovery mode?
Power on the laptop and press “Alt + F10” continuously until its logo appears until it responds to your pressing. Then, it will change to the Acer PC recovery environment and eRecovery Management will pop up automatically, then Acer boot recovery will start.
How do you restore my Acer laptop to factory settings Windows 10?
Click the Start menu and select Settings.
Click “Update & Security”.
Click “Restart now”.
Click “Reset this PC”.
Choose your desired restore option and follow the instructions on your screen.
What is the boot menu key for Acer’s laptop?
The “F12 Boot Menu” must be enabled in BIOS. It is disabled by default.